These files can simply be downloaded and copied to your microSD card to reset your GoPro Hero 3+ or your GoPro Hero 3.
(Note: All GoPro Hero 3 series files are the same).
How to Guide:
- Download the file for your specific GoPro model (the list of files is below).
- Insert the microSD card into your computer (using a microSD to SD adaptor or microSD to USB adaptor). NOTE: The microSD card does NOT need to be formatted, you can keep your current recordings on the card.
- Unzip the file on your computer.
- Copy the files to the microSD card.
- For the GoPro Hero 3+, the files need to be in a folder called “UPDATE”. Make sure you copy the folder to the card. It will not work if the files are not in the UPDATE folder.
- For the GoPro Hero 3, the files need to be in the root directory of the card, NOT in a folder. Copy the files directly to your card, not in a folder. It will not work if the files are in a folder.
- Eject the microSD card from your computer.
- Insert the card into your GoPro whilst the camera is off.
- Turn on the GoPro, it will come up with a screen saying it is updating, and turn itself off when complete.
- Turn your GoPro on and connect to the WiFi using your device.
In the files, the WiFi details are:
- SSID: GoProHero
- Password: goprohero
If you want to customise the SSID and password, edit the “settings.in” file with Notepad/TextWrangler/similar. In the file you will see two lines with:
– edit to your desired combination.
This guide should help people trying to:
- Reset GoPro Hero 3 WiFi password when forgot serial number.
- Reset GoPro Hero 3 WiFi password when lost serial number.
- Reset GoPro Hero 3 WiFi password when GoPro.com states invalid serial number.
- Reset GoPro Hero 3 WiFi password when “fake” serial number.
- Reseting a GoPro Hero 3 Plus (Hero 3+) with any of the issues above.